Friday, August 21, 2009

Things I like about moving to the city in bullet point format

We are about to come to agreement on a house in Minneapolis. My wife and I have been suburbanite dwellers for the last 7 years in Eagan. We're not terribly far from anything, about a 20-30 minute drive with no traffic to both downtowns. But we've been looking at doing something different.

So here goes:
  • no sprawl
  • Walking distance to coffee shops, bars, restaurants, other shopping establishments
  • City Wifi
  • Less driving to the places I go normally
  • Public Transit within a few blocks that runs til late at night
  • Closer to my friends that live in the city (most of them)
  • being able to potentially own one car
  • diversity
  • city has better web site, with more public access
  • save money on gas, still viable at higher gas prices
  • don't feel as isolated
  • houses/neighborhoods have way more charm/character
  • near one of the best urban bike trail systems in the country
  • a short bus ride to downtown or light rail
I'm sure I could go on and on.