Friday, December 17, 2010

Reverb 10 - Day 15 - 5 minutes

5 minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

OK, there's a lot of stuff that happened this year. The birth of my daughter is clearly number one. All the things that happened that day and in the subsequent days. The multiple visits from my parents and family, and how much joy they got out of being with my daughter.

Opening day at Target Field - being a part of something great and new and outdoors. So much fun to be there for the beginning of it all. Going hand in hand with that, 4th of July at Target Field with Katie for her first visit.

The multiple early snowstorms including Blizzard '10, the craziest snow event in a while around these parts.

The collapse of the Vikings and Favregate. It was bad, but it was also memorable. I will remember this team for how much promise they squandered. The dome collapsing was an incredibly metaphor for the season too.

Memorial Weekend and being able to briefly visit friends out camping with Abby.

Katie's shower weekend where I got to spend time with my dad and brother doing stuff at my house.

Those are just some of the many things that happened this year.