Monday, December 13, 2010

Reverb - Day 11 - 11 Things.

Prompt: 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?

1) Procrastination - It's probably one of my worst traits, and having all these modern day digital distractions just exacerbates it. I will be a more productive person if I can reduce this.

2) Short Attention Span - going hand in hand with my number one, my lack of focus kills me sometimes. I have moments at home where I'm just a space case, half finishing things here and there until there are little messes all over the house. My leisure time is the worst, I find myself not able to read more than 10-20 pages of a book before I'm checking Twitter or looking for something else to do. I think I'll be more productive if I fix this.

3) Social Anxiety - I still have problems in large groups of people that I don't know that well - I stress about these events before I go to them and I tend to use alcohol as a crutch to get through them. I also don't place myself in these situations very often because of it, which is to the detriment of my social life sometimes.

4) Electronic Gadgets/Junk in my house - self explanatory. I have a closet full of it. Most of it needs to go.

5) Less Clothing - My wardrobe is absurdly large and I probably wear half of it on a regular basis. Need to prune things out pretty badly. I've also been saying this for several months, going hand in hand with 1.

6) Messiness - Pick up the messes. This is exacerbated with kids, all the more reason to be more diligent. At least we have a cleaning person now. Well worth the money.

7) Negativity - I've been doing better with this one, but I still tend to be a negative person sometimes, and wear it on my sleeve. My co-workers and friends usually call me on it when I am. I am generally really optimistic though.

8) Bad Friends - there's a few people I just need to jettison out of my life because they no longer contribute to my happiness. Struggling with this.

9) Arguments with my wife - most of them serve no purpose and are the result of:

10) Bad Temper - It's way better than it used to be, but still has its moments. Need to keep working on the things that I know can help me successfully manage it.

11) Sports Obsessions - I took the Vikings a little too seriously this year and was let down (see also: Twins). Need to remember sometimes that it's just a game and it's not the end of the world if they lose the big game.